There’s no joy in celebrating failure. So, let’s consider every failed attempt at fitness as a learning opportunity, a chance to do it better next time. Here are our top 5 ways that gyms can fail you, and how you are going to avoid them this year.
- Walking around and never actually exercising. You see this often at “big box” gyms: members wander around, wondering what to do, grab a snack, and leave. This one is easy to fix. When you go to the gym, exercise.
- Not showing up. Hard to succeed at the gym if you don’t go. Another easy one to fix. Make a commitment to yourself and your fitness goals. Schedule your weekly workouts, and get yourself to the gym.
- Working only half the body. When it comes to strength training, most people don’t know what to do. As a result, they exercise only their favorite muscles, not all of them. Total body workouts are key for overall conditioning and a more sculpted physique.
- Not doing enough cardio. If your goals involve weight loss, then make sure you add sufficient high intensity interval training (HIIT) into your weekly workout mix. If done correctly, just 15-30 minutes a day, 3-4 days a week, is all you need to rev your metabolism and burn extra calories.
- Not working with an expert. Incorrect use of equipment is perhaps the most hilarious — yet dangerous — epic gym failure of all. Not sure what to do? Don’t worry, you don’t have to go it alone. A coach can help you get the most out of your gym experience. A coach will build a customized plan, show you the right exercises and the right way to do them, properly measure your success, and keep you motivated for continued progress.
Interested in Koko?
Try 30 days of complete fitness and coaching for just $30.