Memorial Day is upon us, Koko Nation, and the warm weather is here. The time is now to shed any “winter hibernation” weight that we may have added these past few months. Stick to these 5 tips every day and you will be leaner, meaner and beach-ready by the 4th of July. You may recognize some of these tips from you spring Koko Cardio programs. I can’t stress often enough how these simple changes can positively impact your effort to lose weight.
1. GET MORE SLEEP: You need to follow a routine of getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night. Notice the word routine.
2. DRINK MORE WATER: Drink 16 oz. of water when you wake up. This will help jump start your metabolism. (Research shows by as much as 29% over the next 3 hrs.)
3. EAT BREAKFAST: Never – I mean NEVER – skip breakfast. No excuses! Think of breakfast as “food for fuel” to get you started for the day. Break the fast. Research shows if you skip breakfast, you increase your chances of becoming obese.
4. ELMO (Eat Little Meals Often): Eat 5-6 smaller, healthy, meals/snacks throughout the day. This will help to maintain optimal energy levels during the day and avoid a mid-afternoon blood sugar crash that undermines our best intentions to eat reasonable portions of healthy food.
And last but not least…
5. GET TO KOKO FITCLUB: 3 strength sessions and 3 cardio sessions a week will have you ready for your beach reveal before you know it.
Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!
Michael Wood, CSCS
Chief Fitness Officer